Assam State Level Police Recruitment Board is inviting online applications for filling up of 1851 vacant posts of Constable of Unarmed Branch of District Executive Force and 3643 posts of constables of Armed Branch. Read about Assam Police recruitment 2018 for Constable Post eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, admission procedure and other details on Assam Police Constable recruitment 2018.
Name of Posts-
Constable of Unarmed Branch– 1851 posts (There will be reservation for ST (P) 10%, ST(H) 5%, SC 7%, & OBC/MOBC 27%/Women candidates 30%)
Constable of Armed Branch– 3643 posts (There will be reservation for ST (P) 10%, ST(H) 5%, SC 7%, & OBC/MOBC 27%/ Women candidates 10%)
Pay scale– Rs. 14000- 49000/-, with Grade pay of Rs 5600.00(Pay Band-II).
Assam Police Constable recruitment 2018 eligibility criteria
Age limit– 18 to 25 years as on 1 January of 2018 (i.e. the candidate must be born on or before 01.01.2000 and on or after 01.01.1993). Upper age limit will be relaxed for 5 (five) years for SC, ST (P) and ST (H) candidates and 3 (three) years for candidates belonging to OBC/MOBC.
For Unarmed Branch- Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary or Class XII passed from a recognized Board or Council for the post of Constable, Unarmed Branch, and District Executive Force (DEF).
For Armed Branch– Candidate must have passed H.S.L.C or Class-X passed from a recognized Board or Council for the post of constable of Armed Branch.
- Male – For Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC- 162.56 cm and for ST (H)/ ST (P) – 160.02 cm
- Female – For Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC- 154.94 cm and for ST (H)/ ST (P) – 152.40 cm
Chest (Only for men)
- Normal- For Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST (P) – 80 Cm and for ST (H) – 78 cm
- Expanded- For Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST (P) – 85 Cm and for ST (H) – 83 cm
How to apply for Assam Police Constable recruitment 2018
Applications must be submitted online through Assam Police website www.assampolice.gov.in from 02 May to 02 June 2018.
A candidate whose application is found to be in order will be called for Physical Standard Test / Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates will be able to download the Admit Card / Call Letter from the Assam Police website by entering their id number.
Assam Police recruitment 2018 for Constable Post selection process
PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST- After the documents are found correct, the candidates will have to appear in the PST (Physical Standard Test). Measurement of the height, weight & chest (only males) of the candidates will be done using latest technology and after which the candidate will be examined by a Medical Officer for preliminary check-ups. Once a candidate clears the PST he/she will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST- The test will carry 40 marks. It will have 2 (two) events via-
For Male Candidates-
- Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 3.2 km race to be completed within 14 minutes (840 seconds).
- Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks)
For Female candidates-
- Race- Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1600 metres race to be completed within 08 minutes.
- Long Jump-Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks)
WRITTEN TEST- It will consist of 100 multiple choice type questions to be answered on an OMR answer sheet. For each correct answer the candidate will get half a mark. Questions will be of the level of class IX and X. Total marks for the Written Test will be 50. There will be no negative marking.