IIT Bombay is inviting online applications for Common Entrance Exam for Design 2019 for admission to Master of Design (MDes) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur. Read about Common Entrance Exam for Design 2019 eligibility criteria, application procedure, test pattern, selection process, important dates and other details on CEED 2019.
CEED 2019 is designed to test the candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem solving skills. The CEED 2019 score is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
Common Entrance Exam for Design 2019 eligibility criteria
Candidates must have passed a degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2018, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2018.
There is no age limit to appear for CEED, candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
How to apply for Common Entrance Exam for Design 2019
CEED registration form must be submitted ONLINE ONLY through the official website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in on or before the last date specified without any late fee.
CEED 2019 registration fee of Rs. 1,100 + GST for all women and SC/ST/PwD candidates and Rs. 2,200 plus GST for all other candidates has to be paid through the payment option (Credit card, debit card and net-banking options are available) provided on the website while submitting the registration form on or before last date specified after that all candidates has to pay the late fee of Rs. 500 + GST .
CEED 2019 important dates
• CEED 2019 Online registration with regular fee- October 2018
• CEED 2019 Online registration with late fee- November 2018
• CEED 2019 Admit card available for downloading from- December 2018
• Date of CEED 2019 examination- January 2019
• Declaration of CEED 2019 result- March 2019
• CEED 2019 Score cards available for downloading- March 2019
Common Entrance Exam for Design 2019 test pattern
CEED 2019 will be conducted in January from 10:00 – 13:00 hours in two parts, Part A and Part B. Candidates must attempt questions from both the parts. Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 hours followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 hours
Part A contains objective type questions and the answers to Part A questions have to be given on the computer. Part A has design aptitude type questions that evaluate visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates.
Part B consists of questions that are aimed at testing design, drawing and writing skills. The questions in Part B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answers are to be written in the answer book provided by the invigilator (NOT into the Computer).
CEED 2019 syllabus
CEED 2019 will be in two parts. Part A will have questions related to these topics:
• Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial & diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
• Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
• Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyze given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
• Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
• Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
• Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Part B of CEED 2019 will have questions related to these topics:
• Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
• Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
• Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
• Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
Common Entrance Exam for Design 2019 exam preparation tip
CEED 2019 is an aptitude test and hence no specific text book or guide is recommended for its preparation. The candidates may however practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Question papers of some of the previous years are available on the CEED website.