Directorate of Technical Education, Goa is inviting online applications for admission to AICTE approved diploma courses in Government, Government-aided and unaided institutes/colleges in Goa offering Diploma courses in the fields of Engineering/Technology, Hotel Management and Pharmacy for academic session 2018-2019. Read on to know Goa Polytechnic Admission 2018 eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates and other details on Goa Polytechnic Admission 2018.
Admission will be made on the basis of the Merit cum Choice only. No entrance test will be conducted for same.
Goa Polytechnic Admission 2018 eligibility criteria
For SSC+ /HSSC + SEATS– An applicant must have passed the Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board or an examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any other examination.
- Engineering Courses– Candidate must have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the SSC (10th) or equivalent examination (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC) with Science, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- Hotel Management & Catering Technology- Candidate must have secured a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the HSSC (Science/Commerce/Arts/Vocational) or equivalent examination.
- Food Technology, Garment Technology– Candidate must have secured minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the SSC, with Science, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- Pharmacy– Candidate must have secured a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the HSSC (Science) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology /Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Modern Office Practice (MOP)-Candidate must have secured a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the HSSC (Science/Commerce/Arts/Vocational) or equivalent examination.
FOR Vocational & I.T.I. SEATS (Direct Second Year Admission)–
- For Vocational Seats– Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary School Certificate Vocational (10+2), from Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate marks and must have studied Std. XI and Std. XII from the schools located in Goa.
- For ITI Seats– Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. ITI certificate after passing SSC, from Industrial Training Institutes in Goa, under the State Directorate of Craftsman Training, with minimum 50%( 45% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate marks and fulfill the residence clause applicable for general category.
How to apply for Goa Polytechnic Admission 2018
Eligible candidates can download the prospectus and application form from website www.dtegoa.gov.in of the Directorate of Technical Education. Candidate seeking admission to one or more Diploma courses and covering one or more categories shall submit only one application form in person, at notified Application receiving Center (DTE, Porvorim/ Ravindra Bhavan, Margao), in his/her own handwriting.
Application fee of Rs. 800/- can be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji Goa on any Scheduled Bank, (or any other approved mode of remittance as may be duly notified) and submit self-attested copies of supporting documents and collect the Acknowledgement Card, on or before last date of submission of application form.
There will be two separate application forms which are to be filled and submitted along with specified enclosures. Form F for admissions to First Year of Diploma courses and Form S for admissions to Direct Second Year of Diploma courses (i.e. Std. XIIth Science, Std. XIIth Vocational and ITI applicants).
Goa Polytechnic Admission 2018 important dates
- Start of receiving application forms- May, 2018
- Last date of receiving application forms- May, 2018
- Display of eligibility list at Admission Center (DTE Porvorim)- June, 2018
- Display of Provisional merit list at Admission Center at Directorate of Technical Education- June, 2018
- Display of Final Merit List at Admission Center at Directorate Of Technical Education- June, 2018
- First round of Admission starts from- July, 2018
- Second round of Admission starts from- July, 2018