University of Mysore is inviting online applications from the eligible candidates to appear for Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2018 for Lecturer/Assistant Professorship. Read about Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2018 eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, exam pattern and other details on KSET 2018 for Lecturer/Assistant Professors.
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2018 eligibility criteria
Age limit- There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET 2018 examination.
Educational qualification- Candidates passed at least 55% of marks for general category (50% for SC/ST/PWD Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects apply for KSET 2018.
Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this Test.
How to apply for Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2018
Candidates seeking admission to KSET 2018 can apply online http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in/ from October 2018 without any late fee.
KSET 2018 application fee of Rs. 1050/- (Rs. 850/-for Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) (Rs. 550/ for Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD) can be paid through Internet banking/debit card/credit card/State bank Buddy e-Wallet payment/Cash payment can be done by clicking SBI branch, challan can be generated online and payment can be made at all the SBI branches PAN India (Cash/only SBI cheques are accepted).
Hard copy of the application form should be submitted to the respective Nodal center along with e-challan (for cash payment) or receipt generated through web (online payment) in an A4 size cover, super scribed as [Application for KSET 2017] on or before the last date for submission to the concerned Nodal Centers along with attested copies of-
• SSLC Marks Card
• SC, ST, Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB category certificates and PWD certificate
• Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card.
• Affix duly sized passport size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of application form. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with seal.
KSET 2018 important dates
• Submission of online application commences from- October 2018
• Last date for submission of KSET 2018 online application- 2018
• Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.150/- November 2018
• Last date for submission of hard copy of the application- November 2018
• KSET 2018 Date of Examination- December 2018
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2018 exam pattern
KSET 2018 will be consisting of three papers consisting of only Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) in two separate sessions as mentioned below-
- Paper-1: General Paper is on Teaching and Aptitude- 100 marks- 60 questions out of which 50 questions to be attempted- Duration 1hr.15 minutes
- Paper-2: Subject paper selected by the candidate- 100 marks- 50 questions (all are compulsory) – Duration 1hr.15 minutes
- Paper-3: Subject paper (in depth questions)- 150 marks- 75 questions (all are compulsory) – Duration 2hrs.30 minutes