Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to conduct National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses approved by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the AIIMS and JIPMER Pondicherry as these institutes were established under an Act of Parliament. Read about National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018 eligibility criteria, application process, test pattern, selection process, important dates and other details on NEET (UG) 2018.
There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination for all the institutes known as NEET (UG) 2018 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in each academic year. Mere appearing and qualifying in NEET (UG) does not confer any right to the candidate for admission in MBBS/BDS Courses. The selection and admission to MBBS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria prescribed by respective Universities and Medical/Dental Colleges.
How to apply for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018
Eligible candidate can apply for the NEET (UG) 2018 through online mode by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in on or before the last date specified.
NEET UG 2018 application fee of Rs.1400/- (INR) for GENERAL/OBC candidates and Rs.750 for SC/ST/PH candidates can be paid through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or Net Banking/UPI/e-wallet of various service providers. Candidates are advised to keep the statement of bank/Net banking transaction receipt/e-wallet receipt bearing Application Registration Number for future reference.
NEET UG 2018 important dates
• Starting date for NEET UG 2018 online registration- January 2018
• Last date for successful final transaction of fee- March 2018
• Date of uploading of NEET UG 2018 Admit Cards on website- April 2018
• NEET UG 2018 examination date- May 2018
• NEET UG 2018 result declaration date- June 2018
NEET UG 2018 eligibility criteria
Age limit– Applicant must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or on or before 31 December of the year of admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course. The upper age limit for NEET UG is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category.
Educational qualification– Candidate must have obtained any one of the following educational qualification.
• Applicant must have passed Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English. Appearing candidates can also apply for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018 for MBBS/BDS courses admission.
• Applicant must have passed Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (including practical test in these subjects) and English as a compulsory subject.
• Applicant must have passed Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
• Applicant passed first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology including practical tests with English OR passed B.Sc. with any of the two subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
NEET UG 2018 entrance test pattern
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of test would be 03 hours. Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages Hindi/ English/ Gujarati/ Marathi/ Oriya /Bengali/Assamese/ Telugu /Tamil /Kannada.
NEET UG 2018 Counselling
Online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services. Candidates placed in Merit/ Wait List are advised to read the counselling related information carefully and understand the course of action to be taken by them for appearing in the Counselling. Any query related to 15% All India Quota Counselling may be referred to the following address:
The Assistant Director General (ME)
Directorate General of Health Services, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
Phone No. 011-23062493, (FAX) 011-23061907