The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research popularly known as PGIMER Chandigarh is inviting online applications for admission to B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) and B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) courses offered by institutes for academic session 2018-2019. Read about PGIMER Chandigarh Nursing courses admission 2018 application procedure, eligibility criteria, important dates, entrance exam pattern, selection process and other details on PGIMER Chandigarh Nursing courses admission 2018.
How to apply for PGIMER Chandigarh Nursing courses admission 2018
Candidate can fill online application form available on the PGI website i.e. http://www.pgimer.edu.in. After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through challan form (Triplicate) in any branch of SBI.
Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER. The Challan form is required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and candidates can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI and i-collect Account No. is 32222954695. In that case INB reference No. will have to be mentioned instead of Challan No. in the application form.
The fees for GENERAL/OBC candidates is Rs.1000/- and for SC/ST Rs.800/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST/OBC). There is no application & examination fee for PWD candidates.
PGIMER Chandigarh Nursing courses admission 2018 important dates
• Commencement of Submission of Online Applications- 09 June 2018
• Last date for Submission of Online Applications-08 July 2018
• Last date for Application Fee Payment- 12 July 2018
• Date of Examination- 12 August 2018
PGIMER Chandigarh Nursing courses admission 2018 eligibility criteria
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) –
Educational qualification- Only for female candidates can apply for this course. Applicant must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or any other examination as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in April-May, 2018 can also apply
Age Limit- Not more than 25 years and not less than 17 years on 01 September, 2018 i.e. those born after 01 September, 2001 and before 01 September 1993 are not eligible.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)-
Educational qualification- Only for female candidates can apply for this course. Applicant must have passed 10+2 examination. Must have passed General Nursing and Midwifery with minimum of 50% aggregate.
Age Limit- Not more than 45 years on 1st September, 2018 i.e. those born after 1st September, 1973 are not eligible. The age relaxation as per rules will be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.
PGIMER Chandigarh Nursing courses admission 2018 exam pattern
Question paper will consist of 100 questions of objective type with a single correct response out of four options. Negative marking (0.25) will be done for wrong answers.
B.Sc. NURSING (4 Years)-
• Chemistry- 25 questions- 25 marks
• Physics- 25 questions- 25 marks
• Biology- 25 questions- 25 marks
• English- 15 questions- 15 marks
• General knowledge/ Current affairs – 10 questions- 10 marks
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)-
• Scientific Principles Applied in Nursing Practice & Trends in Nursing- 10 questions- 10 marks
• Medical Surgical Nursing (including Anatomy and Physiology) – 20 questions- 20 marks
• Child Health Nursing- 15 questions- 15 marks
• Community Health Nursing including Nutrition- 15 questions- 15 marks
• Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery- 15 questions- 15 marks
• Mental Health Nursing- 15 questions- 15 marks
• General Knowledge- 10 questions- 10 marks