Shillong Polytechnic a Government Technical Institute in Meghalaya is inviting online applications for admission to 3 years Diploma courses in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering offered by institute for academic session 2018-2019. Read about Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018 eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, important dates and other details on Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018.
How to apply for Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018
Eligible candidates can register themselves at Polytechnic website http://admission.shillongpolytechnic.com/ from 25 May to 12 June 2018. Application Form duly filled-in at the portal, must be printed and submitted to the Office of the Principal, Shillong Polytechnic, Shillong on or before 13 June 2018.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018 application fee of Rs. 100 can be paid at https://www.onlinesbi.com/ Take a print out of the E-payment receipt and note down the transaction number or the State Bank Collect. Application without payment of Application fee will not be process at any circumstances.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018 important dates
• Starting date to apply for Shillong Polytechnic Admission- 25 May 2018
• Last date for Shillong Polytechnic Admission online registration- 12 June 2018
• Last date to submit hard copy of application form and required documents to the Office of the Principal, Shillong Polytechnic- 13 June 2018
• Provisional merit list – short listing the candidates eligible for interview – 15 June 2018
• Interview/Scrutiny of candidates – for original documents- 18 June 2018
• Publication of final merit list of selected candidates for admission 2018 – 22 June 2018
• Starting date of enrolment of fresh candidates- 22 June to 29 June 2018
• Date of commencement of classes- 2 July 2018
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018 eligibility criteria
Age limit– Applicants should not be more than 21 years of age as on the 1st July of the year of admission relax able by 1 (one) year for candidates who have passed HSSLC (12+), or equivalent examination and 3 (three) years for SC/ST candidates.
Educational qualification- Candidate must have passed Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10+) examination conducted by the Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent conducted by a recognized Board/Council securing at least 45% marks in Mathematics and 45% marks in Science relax able to 40% marks in Mathematics and 40% marks in Science for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe communities of Meghalaya.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2018 selection process
Admission shall be based on the aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science secured in SSLC/HSLC/equivalent examination followed by appropriate screening/ selection process conducted by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic. The Interview of Candidates shall be held at Shillong Polytechnic. Final selection shall be made by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic