UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test 2018- ULSAT 2018 for LLB courses

University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is going to conduct UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test 2018 for admission to LLB courses offered by the university for academic session 2018-2019 for students interested in pursuing their career in Law. Read on to know ULSAT 2018 eligibility criteria, application procedure, test pattern, important dates and other details on UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test 2018.

ULSAT 2018 eligibility criteria

Age limit– Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1998 are eligible to apply for admission.

Educational qualification

  • For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons) Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test 2018 and will be invited directly for GD and Interview. Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
  • For B. Tech LLB (Hons.) Candidates with minimum 70% marks in 10th, 12th and 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) are exempted from UPESEAT and admissions will be through Merit Ranking. Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th), minimum 50% Marks in PCM at Senior Secondary Level (12th) and CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions through Merit Ranking.

How to apply for UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test 2018

Eligible candidate can apply online at http://www.upes.ac.in on or before the last date specified as mentioned in official notification.

Important dates

  • Last date to apply for UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test 2018- 20th April 2018
  • ULSAT 2018 admit card can be downloaded from website from- 25th April 2018
  • ULSAT 2018 Test Date- 5th May 2018 – Offline Test 11th – 12th May 2018 – Online Test

ULSAT 2018 exam pattern

ULSAT is a three hour long paper-pencil test. Total 200 questions will be asked in the exam from following sections-

• Language Comprehension- 40
• Quantitative & Numerical Ability- 40
• Logical Reasoning- 40
• Legal General Knowledge- 40
• Legal Aptitude- 40

ULSAT 2018 selection process

80% of the seats in UPES Law programs are reserved for candidates opting to appear in ULSAT 2018 and the remaining 20% seats are reserved for admissions on the basis of Board Merit and CLAT/LSAT India 2018 score as mentioned below.

Admission on the basis of CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
For BA LLB (H)/ BBA LLB (H)/ B.Com, LLB (H) candidates must have minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and for BTech+ LLB (H) 60% marks along with and CLAT ranking up to 5000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.

Admission on the basis of Board Merit
For BA LLB (H)/ BBA LLB (H)/B.Com LLB (H) – Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) and For BTech+ LLB (H) Candidates with minimum 80% marks in 10th, 12th and for BTech+ LLB (H) Candidates with minimum 80% marks 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview and admissions will be through Merit Ranking.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *